Progressive technologies today sprout new devices that are meant to enhance consumerlifestyles. The emergence of mobile technology brings on more sophisticated mobile devices that are permeating our daily living with a stronger impact. Emails and the Internet are applied not for private communications alone, but also for work, entertainment, maps and social interactions as well as GPS guidance.
A lot of time is devoted to mobile devices such as smart phones, tablets and laptops with emerging technology apps to ease living.
Fast‐paced living is the trend today where every second counts without any unnecessary UI element hindering the activity or slowing down users. Good links should be provided for apps that are not structured on one page. Users are able to complete their tasks quickly without dead‐ends. Moreover, a first‐time app user should be greeted with example data to guide the user on the dynamics of the app. This is where problems could arise with a sticky navigation bar that refuses to be hidden regardless of how the user manipulates side bar controls or execute deep page scrolling. A good navigation layout should boost a more efficient navigation inside the app with a clear display of the app’s core structure for easy maneuvering. Since the user tends to focus on the preferred content in front, it is recommended that the web app UI should be neat in design without unnecessary clutter and redundant elements. The primary aim should decrease unnecessary extra elements with only important ones available. Hence, if the pile of UI elements is removed, there is a greater ease on the weight of the UI view while users could perceive the more important actions quickly. This allows the user to place less important actions under the main navigation with a logical sequence grouping for easier search later. A weak point of the UI trend is the inability of the user to view the desired action until the action group has been properly expanded. Hence, the user needs to know the precise locations of the actions through memory for quick applications. These conditions should be considered carefully when deciding on the types of elements to be grouped together and made directly available.
Aesthetically Appealing App
A user would enjoy the app if the app is designed to be aesthetically appealing. Hence, a good app should include:
- Good Content. This refers to the minimal clear content to be presented. The primary focus is to display what is most important while ignoring elements that are not impactful. There should be some bold accents surrounded by space and appropriate multimedia components for a more dynamic content display. Readability of the main content is critical in any content presentation for the right impact.
- Color Choice. Vibrant colors are preferred with a contrast to highlight the UI design which works well to distinguish content from the navigation. It should be a contrasting but clear UI solution that looks complete and vibrant. Better results could be secured with two or three primary contrast colors of the UI elements.
- Dynamic Animation. Animation is a strong crowd puller when aptly applied in the UI. The use of animation reveals how objects are manipulated in the real world. There should be a dynamic response of the element through appropriate user interaction. This is a highly important consideration in modern web platforms with most UI designs being flat. It is vital to include some life to the UI elements for greater vibrancy.
- Grid Display. Users must be able to see content in a grid display. If a lot of multimedia content is involved, the UI must activate a more engaging grid mode to help the user view the content without unnecessary scrolling. This would allow the display of larger multimedia elements. Users may also want to switch to the alternative list viewing mode for browsing through the headlines.
- Lightbox Components. The user may wish to check out multimedia content without a UI that is distracting. Hence, elements could be displayed in full‐screen modes or a lightbox for a betterfocus of the contents by the user.
All UI trends are continuously designed and implemented based on the progressivetechnologies emerging with preferred user interactions on apps over time. As user demands dictate UI trends, UI designers need to be foresighted in any UI design development.